Campaigns & Elections magazine has a piece on how to manage your campaign photo shoot. Occasionally when I find a piece like this that covers one specific topic I like to post in on the blog rather than just tweet it out, because it's worth bookmarking for later reference.
Among other things, the author suggests setting out a timeline and checking out your shoot locations ahead of time. Both are great recommendations. Check out the full article here.
- Avoiding photo shoot nightmares (Campaigns & Elections)
- Don't skimp on the visual (Campaigns & Elections)
- The hidden danger of free stock photos (Campaigns & Elections)
- Political campaign photography matters (The Campaign Workshop)
- Why do I need good campaign photography? (The Campaign Workshop)
If you would like to get more campaign tips, you can check out "Running for Office" magazine, subscribe to the blog or connect with me on twitter or LinkedIn. You can also get an campaign tips emailed to you once a week by signing up to to the right of this post.